Best of Italy (Summer 2020)
Best Of Italy – Summer 2020
“The trick to really connecting with Italians is to accept their love of the 3 ‘F’s – Food, Friends and Family.” – Andrew Ainscough, Travel Director
- Tuscany: Taste locally-made wines and sample delicious Tuscan snacks in the underground cellar of Machiavelli’s home. Visit the Italian gardens and be privy to a private opening of the of?ce where he wrote ‘The Prince.’
- Sorrento: Enjoy a glorious Celebration Dinner of fresh, rustic dishes served with local wine.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Rome: Sightsee the local way with a leisurely passeggiata through the backstreets, where a friend in Rome will explain how modern life takes place around ancient treasures.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP fast-track entrance into the Vatican Museums and enjoy a special private viewing of the Bramante Staircase before admiring the genius of Michelangelo’s painted ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. You’ll also visit St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing while watching artisans create delicate works of art.
Top Rated Highlights
- Venice Carnival: For a selected time in February, Venice welcomes exuberant costumes during the world-famous carnival. Don a traditional Venetian mask and join in the extravagant festivities of the Carnevale Venezia.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum. You will also see other medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over of the city and see the Florence Cathedral. During your guided walking orientation, see the bell tower, Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit Piazza della Signoria.
- Florence: Witness a leather-work demonstration and visit the area around Piazza Santa Croce, famous for the quality of its luxury goods.
- Pisa: See the famous gravity-defying Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles, along with the 11th century cathedral and beautifully decorated baptistery.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Venice: Enjoy a traditional gondola serenade along the romantic canals.
- Assisi: With your Local Expert, visit this hill-town with its stone-built structures. See Mount Subasio and the Church of St. Mary of the Angels.
- Assisi: Find out why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe with a Local Expert.
- Sorrento: Perched upon the cliffs, lookout to see the mighty Mount Vesuvious across the Bay of Naples.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise to this famous isle through beautiful blue Mediterranean waters to meet your Local Expert.
- Isle of Capri: Wander through the narrow streets led by your Local Expert and see all the boutiques as you enjoy captivating sea views.
- Isle of Capri: In unique style, ascend by open-top taxi and return to the port by funicular.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Rome the Eternal City.
VIP Vatican and Rome with a Local.
Pisa to Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic.
Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima.
Into the Hills of Umbria to Assisi.
Sorrento on the coast.
Capri, the Isle of Dreams.
Pompeii, frozen in time and onto Rome.